Wednesday, March 10, 2010
Los Angeles, CA, March 8, 2010 – Digital Foci, Inc. www.digitalfoci.com announced today that it will introduce a new Pearl White version of its popular Photo Book, a portable digital photo album with an 8-inch 800 x 600 digital LCD color screen and a large 4GB of internal memory at the Wedding & Portrait Photographers International (WPPI) Convention and Trade Show held March 8-10, 2010 in Las Vegas. Featuring a slim design encased in a soft leather-like case for a convenient, elegant photo display, Photo Book offers over 2.5 hours of battery life and an easy and portable way to enjoy and share digital photos in a comfortable setting.
Since its introduction, Photo Book has been consistently awarded a Retailer’s “Hot Pick” - at PMA Canada Expo 2009, PMA 2009 in Las Vegas, as well as PMA Australia 2009 held in Sydney. As predicted by the panels of retail buyers, with their expertise and knowledge of the photo industry, Photo Book proved to be one of the most innovative products and hottest sellers of this past holiday season.
Portable Digital Wedding Album
Photo Book is an innovative way for people to enjoy and share their wedding photos in addition to the traditional print albums. With Photo Book, consumers have easy access to their photos in a portable album that can be brought along to enjoy and share anywhere. Photo Book is ideal for passing around while sitting on a living room sofa and family gatherings. The internal battery eliminates the need to deal with messy AC power cables and makes it very easy to handle. The elegant Pearl White finish of the device and leather-like case makes an attractive initial impression and matches perfectly with the wedding theme.
Unique Photo Album Structure and Multi-Format Support for Cards
Photo Book lets users organize their photos into different albums and choose a specific album to view. The “Photo Album View” displays each folder as a separate photo album, showing its folder name and a preview image of the first photo in the album. Brides and photographers can easily organize their photos into different albums such as “Engagement,” “Ceremony,” and “Reception,” and easily select a particular album to view. “Photo Thumbnail View” lets you browse through the thumbnails of the photos in a selected photo album. In addition to running a full screen photo slideshow with adjustable time intervals, you also have the option of running the slideshow with an elegant page-turning effect. It is just like you were flipping through an actual photo album. You can also add music to play in the background along with your slideshow.
To use, simply load photos to Photo Book’s internal memory directly from a memory card, by USB flash drive, or from your computer. Supported memory cards include CF, SD, SDHC, MMC, xD-Picture Card, Memory Stick, and MSPRO. Connect to your computer with the USB cable to easily transfer photos, videos, and music from the computer to Photo Book.
Perfect for Photographers to Present their Portfolios -- Supports RAW Image for DSLRS
Perfect for wedding photographers to professionally display thousands of photos in a sleek portfolio, Photo Book supports RAW images from a wide selection of DSLRs, in addition to JPEG, BMP, GIF, and TIF image formats. Photographers can organize their photos into different collections, and choose a specific collection to show depending on their audience. Photos are automatically rotated to their correct orientation based on the EXIF data captured by the camera, and can also be zoomed, panned, and rotated.
Photo Book Features:
• 8” digital LCD with 800 x 600 resolution.
• Large 4 GB internal memory holds thousands of digital photos.
• Built-in memory card slots provide native support for: CF, SD/HC card, MMC, xD-Picture Card, MS/MS PRO (Supports mini-SD, RS-MMC, MS Duo with adapter).
• USB host capability - supports USB flash drives.
• Copy albums directly from memory cards for USB flash drives to internal memory without needing a computer.
• USB 2.0 connection for transferring photos between your computer and device.
• Displays each photo album with folder name and photo preview.
• Optional displays show photo file name and slideshow counter.
• Run automatic Full-Screen or Photo Book photo Slideshows with adjustable time intervals.
• Scroll photos manually with zoom and rotate functions.
• Supported image formats – JPEG, BMP, TIFF, GIF, RAW image files from a wide selection of DSLR cameras.
• Automatic photo orientation based on EXIF data.
• Supported audio formats – MP3, AAC, WMA – music will play in the background during photo slideshow.
• Supported video formats – MJPEG, MPEG-1, MPEG-4 SP.
• Built-in 1 channel, 1.4W speaker.
• Runs on rechargeable Lithium polymer battery with 2.5 hours of battery life.
• Comes with soft leather-like case that protects the Photo Book and makes an attractive presentation.
Photo Book includes a leather-like case, AC power adapter, USB to computer, USB adapter to USB flash drive, and Quick Start Guide. Priced at $189 SRP, the Pearl White version of the Photo Book will be available June 2010 at: www.digitalfoci.com and major retailers, such as www.amazon.com, www.bhphotovideo.com, and www.adorama.com.
About Digital Foci
Digital Foci helps consumers manage and enjoy their digital content collection easily. The company enhances people’s lives by allowing them to seamlessly move digital photos, video, and music from one place to another. With Digital Foci products, consumers are able to enjoy any of their digital content on any device without ever worrying about format compatibility. Digital Foci products include digital picture frames, photo displays, storage devices, and card readers for transfer, storage, and management optimized for any setting where you choose to enjoy your digital content.
Digital Foci (pronounced “foe-sigh”) is the plural form of the word “focus” and symbolizes the many distinct points where light and sound converge and diverge. It is at these digital focus points (or foci) where you view and share your digital pictures, watch your digital video, listen to your digital music, and access your digital files.