Monday, April 5, 2010
- The News section showcases the Hasselblad Owners’ Club - the site’s first Photo of the Month, a fashion shot by Alessandro Dobici, his portfolio page on the Hasselblad Owners’ Club site, the 10 photos receiving the most votes on the site; and Hasselblad Masters Award 2010 and the newest members of the competition jury.
- An article on UK photographer Tim Wallace, with page after page of his stunning auto images, captures his personal feelings about the cars, and how he was able to develop a unique style and establish himself quickly in the market.
- A feature on Italian photographer Amedeo M. Turello explores why he is passionate about immortalizing the style, elegance, and charm of women. A recently published book is a collection of his best images from the past 10 years.
- An article on former Hasselblad Master Carl Lyttle describes a photographer who couples perfectionism with a high degree of individuality and diversity, producing images that combine still grandeur with cinematic dynamics.
- An article on Norwegian fashion and beauty photographer Morten Qvale opens with a stunning closeup, captured with the H3DII-50. This brilliant, colorful, impressive shot is typical of Qvale’s attention-grabbing style.
- The issue closes with a Preview of the May issue. In the top spot, award-winning U.S. photographer Steve McCurry’s exploration of Thailand, equipped with the new Hasselblad H4D-40, and a selection of his magnificent portrait images.
For the full story, click here.
Text by Alice B. Miller