The Renaissance Photography Competition is now open for its fifth year
- £7,000 in prizes and week-long exhibition in the Mall Galleries
- Categories are Expression, Environment, Memory, Perspective, Disorientation
Brett Rogers (Director, The Photographers’ Gallery)
Mary McCartney (Photographer)
Michael Hoppen (Gallery Owner)
Brigitte Lardinois (Curator & Magnum Magnum Editor)
Monica Allende (Picture Editor, Sunday Times Magazine)
- 100 entries will be shortlisted for exhibition at The Mall Galleries, 10th - 16th June 2012
- Celebrity private view: 13th June 2012
- Competition closes: 24th February 2012
- All your entry fee will be donated to the Lavender Trust at Breast Cancer Care
- Enter at www.renaissancephotography.org or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Brett Rogers, Mary McCartney, Michael Hoppen, Monica Allende and Brigitte Lardinois will select 100 photos from thousands of entries to be exhibited at the prestigious Mall Galleries on London’s Pall Mall in June 2012. The shortlisted entries will be exhibited for one week, culminating in a celebrity private view on the evening of 13th June 2012, where the winners will be announced.
Renaissance was founded in 2006 by Fiona Gifford, a 39-year-old lawyer and keen amateur photographer who was diagnosed with breast cancer aged 34.
“During my recovery period, day-to-day concerns became irrelevant, and I became more aware of the moments that really matter in life - moments of emotion, human connection, and wonder at the beauty of nature. What better way to represent those moments than through photography?”
In the four years since its inception, Renaissance has raised over £160,000 for the Lavender Trust at Breast Cancer Care.
Renaissance is open for entries between 5th December 2011 and 24th February 2012.
There will be five categories this year, Expression, Environment, Memory, Perspective and Disorientation. For further details please visit www.renaissancephotography.org
For more information, interviews or images from previous years, please contact Fiona Gifford on 07966 141 295 or email@example.com