Monday, March 7, 2011
GOLDEN, CO (March 2, 2011) …PENTAX Imaging Company announced the PENTAX Optio S1 digital compact camera with advanced, easy-to-use features and an eye-catching, gem-like finish. Available in striking Chrome or a glossy Black or Green, the Optio S1 is a fashionable and elegant digital camera with an ultralight body featuring:
• A high resolution 14 megapixel sensor for exceptional image detail.
• Wide angle 5X optical zoom lens (28-140mm) for flexible image framing.
• Ample 2.7 inch LCD for easy capture and playback of images and video.
• Sensor-shift PENTAX Shake Reduction (SR) system for sharp low light and telephoto images.
• Widescreen 720p HD video capture.
• Powerful PENTAX Auto Picture mode for set-it-and-forget-it shooting convenience.
• Fast Face Detection, Smile Capture, and Blink Detection for perfect portraits.
• High Dynamic Range (HDR) mode for outstanding detail in wide exposure images (new to PENTAX digital compact cameras).
• PENTAX infrared remote control (remote purchased separately).
With meticulous attention given to every design detail, the ultra-compact Optio S1 is the perfect choice for digital photographers who want a very capable, yet elegant and classy, digital camera.
The PENTAX Optio S1 is available for pre-order now on the www.pentaxwebstore.com
PENTAX Imaging Company is an innovative leader in the production of a variety of digital cameras including weather resistant digital SLRs and stylish, compact, waterproof cameras, as well as lenses, flash units, binoculars, scopes, and eyepieces. For more than 90 years, PENTAX has developed durable, reliable products that meet the needs of consumers and businesses. With headquarters in Golden, Colorado, PENTAX Imaging Company is a division of PENTAX of America, Inc.