Hasselblad’s ‘next generation’ H System camera will be showcased at the Hasselblad press conference at photokina, Cologne, Germany (Tuesday Sep 18: 2pm-3pm). The H5D features a modernized design and a complete new electronic engine to pave the way for ultimate quality imaging, for print-ready JPEG files, and for a smooth and intuitive user interface. The camera is billed by the Sweden-based company as ‘the latest step in the evolution of the best high-end camera system in the world’.
Aimed at high-end professional users the H5D offers:
- New H System lens: HCD 4.8/24 mm, equivalent to 17 mm on 35 mm DSLR format
- New Macro Converter, for superb close-up performance with wide angle lenses
- RAW + JPEG mode for quick preview and print
- New True Focus II provides unique, accurate focus and Immediate Focus Confirm
- Full access to camera information and image preview on rear in tethered mode
- The largest, brightest viewfinder image on the market
- New larger, more ergonomic buttons and an easier to read display style
- New sealing for improved weather proofing plus new sensor unit safety lock
- Optional battery adapter for standalone operation of digital capture unit
- Ultimate image quality with Hasselblad Natural Color Solution
- A choice of software: Hasselblad Phocus 2.7 and Adobe® Lightroom® 4 both included
He added: “Our new True Focus II further advances focusing accuracy after re-compose, and an intuitive focus check has been added. The new hardware architecture allows for delivering print-ready JPEG files in addition to the superb RAW files. And we have re-written the user interface to achieve a smooth and intuitive operation. All in all we believe the H5D Camera series will provide the ultimate high-end addition to any serious photographer’s capture equipment.”
The H5D Series will be available as models with 40, 50 and 60 megapixels as well as 50 and 200 megapixel Multi-Shot versions and will start shipping in December 2012.
For more information, visit: www.hasselblad.com/h5d