Sunday, November 30, 2014
ATLANTA, Ga. (PRWEB) November 28, 2014 - Professional Photographers of America (PPA) has added the Allied Business Network (ABN) to its roster of membership discounts.
“We understand photographers got into the business because of the pictures,” said Kristen Hartman, PPA director of member value and experience. “Photographers are artists, and that’s what they want to focus on. PPA is proud to offer these perks and savings to our members to help them save some money and focus on what they love.”
The Allied Business Network benefit can help PPA photographers save huge on everything from office supplies, travel and promo products, printing and more. ABN negotiates discounts (from 5% - 85%) with vendors photographers want to do business with, including Hertz, Office Depot, 4imprint and leading hotels for those assignments away from home.
To find out how to use these discounts (and more), visit ABNSave.com/PPA and become an Allied Business Network member for free. To join PPA and leverage this and many other membership benefits, including equipment insurance and malpractice protection, visit PPA.com/Join.
Professional Photographers of America (PPA) is the largest international non-profit association created by professional photographers, for professional photographers. Almost as long-lived as photography itself, PPA’s roots date back to 1869. This nonprofit assists more than 27,000 members through protection, education and resources for their continued success. See how PPA helps photographers be more at PPA.com.
Valhalla N.Y., November 20, 2014 – WEBWIRE – FUJIFILM North America Corporation today announced two new Macro Extension Tubes for the award-winning line of X-Series interchangeable lens cameras; plus a launch date for a major firmware update and PC Tethered Shooting Software HS-V5 for the FUJIFILM X-T1 Graphite Silver and X-T1 Black cameras. New firmware updates that deliver additional features and enhanced controls will also be available for the FUJIFILM X-E2, X-E1, X-Pro1and X30.
FUJIFILM Macro Extension Tubes
The two new Macro Extension Tubes, the MCEX-11 and the MCEX-16 (for extended close-up work), are intermediate rings for close-up photography. By attaching the ring between a FUJINON XF or XC lens and a camera body, users can enjoy high-magnification photography. When the Macro Extension Tube is attached, the focus range is limited so users can find a focus point by moving the camera forward and backward.
The Macro Extension Tubes are equipped with electronic contacts, retaining normal AE, (Auto Exposure) functions and are designed to seamlessly blend into the original look and feel of the X-Series line of compact system cameras.
FUJIFILM Macro Extension Tubes will be available in mid-December 2014 for USD $99.95 \ CAD $109.99 each.
PC Tethered Shooting Software HS-V5
A new PC Tethered Shooting Software HS-V5 for Windows® Ver. 1.0 will feature two modes, Camera Mode and PC Mode, giving photographers enhanced shooting controls.
Within the PC Tethered Shooting Software, Camera Mode allows users to operate the camera and adjust its settings on the camera itself, with images taken simultaneously transferred to computer for display on the screen or saving on a PC. Adjusting exposure and other shooting settings, along with activating the shutter release, are carried out on camera. Alternatively, users can switch to PC Mode where they can check the viewfinder image of a remotely-setup camera, operate the camera and adjust its settings on a PC screen, with images taken simultaneously transferred to a PC for display on the screen or saving onto a PC. Adjusting exposure and other shooting settings, or activating the shutter release, are carried out remotely on the computer.
PC Tethered Shooting Software HS-V5 also includes the Hyper-Utlity3 image browser for easy image viewing, analysis, assessment, categorization and organization. It features an image analysis function using the histogram, highlight clipping warning and EXIF data (including Film Simulations, exchangeable LENS name, and more) and displays an “image assessment” function that shows two images side-by-side for comparison.
PC Tethered Shooting Software HS-V5 will be available in January 2015.
Firmware v3.0 (X-T1 Graphite Silver, X-T1 Black) available for download on December 18
Fujifilm will release a free, comprehensive firmware update on December 18 specifically for the new FUJIFILM X-T1 Graphite Silver and the original X-T1 Black that will give users exciting new features and controls to dramatically enhance their X-T1 shooting experience, including:
1. AF (Auto Focus) Area direct selection – Users can select the focus area with the 4-way controller, without pressing the Fn Button.
2. Function replacement for the AE-L/AF-L buttons – The currently locked AE-L/AF-L button function will now be interchangeable, depending on the user’s preference.
3. Focus Area size variability during MF (Manual Focus) – Users will be able to change the focus area in Manual mode during One Push AF with the AF-L button.
4. Macro Mode direct selection – Users will be able to directly turn ON or OFF the Macro function in Auto Focus mode to expand the distance measurement range to the short-distance range. This will be possible without accessing the pop-up menu screen.
5. Q Menu customization – The update will render the items and layout of the Q Menu, used for quick access of frequently-used items, changeable to the user’s preference.
6. Video frame rate selection – In addition to the existing 60fps and 30fps selections, 50fps and 25fps, as well as a 24fps selection will become available to users. 50fps and 25fps allow video editing in the PAL region, such as Europe and elsewhere, without converting the frame rate. The 24fps will offer movie-like video capture and play back.
7. Video manual shooting – Users will be able to select ISO sensitivity prior to shooting videos, as well as adjusting the aperture and shutter speed during video shooting.
8. Phase Detection AF support for One Push AF – With One Push AF, operated by pressing the AF-L button during manual focusing, the update will enable Phase Detection AF with quicker focusing speeds.
9. Metering area focus area interlocking – The update will enable users to interlock the AF area position with the metering area when spot metering is selected.
10. Expansion of the Program Shift setting area – The update will enable the current Program Shift, in which the low-speed side is 1/4 second, to be shifted to a maximum of 4 seconds.
11. Electronic Shutter – Adds electronic shutter function to original X-T1 Black bodies with a maximum shutter speed of 1/32000 second.
12. New “Classic Chrome” Film Simulation – Film simulation that delivers muted tones and deep color reproduction.
13. Support for INSTAX Share Printer – Photos can be sent directly to the INSTAX Share Printer for instant prints.
14. Lock Function – Users can lock the camera to prevent unexpected dial and button operations.
15. AF+MF Setting – Users can half press the shutter to autofocus, and then make fine adjustments using the manual focus ring.
16. Three Custom White Balance options – Expands number of white balance users can store.
17. Expanded EVF/LCD display types in Manual Exposure Mode – Users can now customize the way the image is displayed on the EVF or LCD.
18. LCD Brightness and EVF/LCD Adjustment Control – Users can customize display brightness based on environment.
19. Flash Compensation in Fn Button Setting – Users can now add Flash Compensation to any of the six custom function buttons.
Firmware v3.0 (FUJIFILM X-E2) available for download on December 18
The FUJIFILM X-E2 will receive a firmware update that adds:
1. WLAN Remote Control in conjunction with the Camera Remote application.
2. Interval Timer Shooting.
3. New “Classic Chrome” Film Simulation.
4. AF+MF control for all X-mount lenses.
Firmware v2.4 (FUJIFILM X-E1) and v3.4 (FUJIFILM X-Pro1) available for download on December 18
The FUJIFILM X-E1 and X-Pro1 will each receive a firmware update that adds:
1. AF+MF control for all X-mount lenses.
Firmware v1.01 (FUJIFILM X30) available for download now
A firmware update is available now for the FUJIFILM X30 that improves:
1. The autofocus lock function.
About FUJIFILM North America Corporation, Electronic Imaging
For more information, please visit www.fujifilmusa.com/northamerica, go to www.twitter.com/fujifilmus to follow Fujifilm on Twitter, or go to www.facebook.com/FujifilmNorthAmerica to Like Fujifilm on Facebook. To receive news and information direct from Fujifilm via RSS, subscribe at www.fujifilmusa.com/rss.
FUJIFILM Holdings Corporation, Tokyo, Japan brings continuous innovation and leading-edge products to a broad spectrum of industries, including: healthcare, graphic systems, highly functional materials, optical devices, digital imaging and document products. These are based on a vast portfolio of chemical, mechanical, optical, electronic and thin film coating technologies. In the year ended March 31, 2014, the company had global revenues of $23.9 billion, at an exchange rate of 102 yen to the dollar. Fujifilm is committed to environmental stewardship and good corporate citizenship. For more information, please visit: www.fujifilmholdings.com.
All product and company names herein may be trademarks of their registered owners.